We have changed the username and password for billing adapter from default values to custom values (changed username “Usg1_Usr with random password”
We changed username and password with following commands:
Set-MgmtSvcSetting -Namespace UsageService -Name Username -Value 'Usg1_Usr'
Set-MgmtSvcSetting -Namespace UsageService -Name Password -Value 'xxx' –Encode
(where xxx is our secret password)
Everyting worked as expected until we made a update to Ru2
After updating Azure Pack RU2 we see that username has been changed to “UsageUSR” and connecting with previous username is not possible anymore.
Seems that Ru2 update will change it back to default, but we are not 100% sure.
We have support case opened to Microsoft and we will check this issue with them.
After the problem is solved we will continue this blog post and give you the solution