This blog posts shows how to keep for example WAP sites alive and users won´t need to wait for startup. Normally pool will go down after 20 minutes and warm up will take a while before users are able to login to tenant portal.
After installing VMM console to server you will get error message like “Access to the path: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012 R2\Virtual Machine Manager\bin\AddInPipeline\AddIns” is denied.”
for example following issues are fixed on Virtual Machine Manager 2012 R2.
- Total storage for a User role is reported incorrectly. For example, the User role can use only half of the allowed quota.
- A host cluster update fails intermittently because of a locked job.
- Virtual machine (VM) refreshers do not update highly available virtual machines (HAVMs) after failover to another node.
- A cluster IP address for a guest cluster configuration in a Hyper-V Network Virtualization (HNV) environment is not updated correctly by using HNV policies during failover. For more information about this issue, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base
This blog post describes how to remove VMHost manually if you are not able to do it via VMM console. We had one host which we were not able to remove from VMM. If we tried to refresh Host details we only got error message like :
VMM is unable to complete the request. The connection to the VMM agent on the virtualization server (host1.virtualstation.local) was lost.
Unknown error (0x80338029)
On the Windows Azure Platform a JWT token (http://openid.net/specs/draft-jones-json-web-token-07.html ) is needed for accessing the TenantAPI or AdminAPI. The token is obtained from the ADFS web service using the System.IdentityModel.Protocols.WSTrust RequestSecurityToken and RequestSecurityTokenResponse + related .Net classes. There is however a more direct way of obtaining the token that can be used on any platform.
Blog post will show how easily you can install AD FS 3.0.
– Windows 2012 R2 server on management domain
– Public certificate for AD FS (in this case we are using wildcard certificate which is already in computer personal store)
It is also possible to add Active directory group for manage users who have access to admin portal. You only need to add connection string and use “Add-MgmtSvcAdminUser” cmdlet.
Modify SQL server which have WAP database and create Active Directory group for WAP admins.
$connectionstring = 'Server=azurepacksql.virtualstation.local\Initial Catalog=Microsoft.MgmtSvc.Store;User ID=sa;Password=Password123'
Add-MgmtSvcAdminUser -ConnectionString $connectionstring -Principal 'virtualstation\WAP_Admins'
If you want to check already added admin users, it can be done with following command
Get-MgmtSvcAdminUser -ConnectionString $connectionstring